Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 01:04:15 -0500
From:      "Mike Grommet" <mgrommet@insolwwb.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PATCH for 2.2.5 for mmap fails?

Hi guys,
I've been trying to patch a 2.2.5 machine for the mmap problem specified
in FreeBSD-SA-98:04

The only problem is that for some silly reason, the guy who set up this
machine did not install the source.  no problem, I got the 2.2.5 source and
installed it... that went great.
I go to use the patch found at

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/patches/SA-98:02/mmap-22

but it fails for all 3 chunks... well, I thought maybe the source I
downloaded was already patched, so I went looking in the file I am trying to
patch (vm_mmap.c) for evidence
of the new code, but guess what I dont find the new code, and I dont find
the old code either that the patch file is trying to replace so is this
version patched or not?
anyone got a working patch file for 2.2.5?

Thanks for the help...