Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:45:17 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@nightcastleproductions.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CD-Burning with ATAPI-Drive - Any suggestions

Hi folks,
with the introduction of "burncd" in FreeBSD 4.0 I've been able to burn
CDs under FreeBSD for quite some time now. But I'm still looking for a
good way to do 1:1 copies of audio or data-CDs. With burncd I can burn
audio and data tracks, but it doesn't seem to be easily able to simply
copy a whole audio CD or a whole data CD. Since I have an ATAPI
CD-Recorder (connected to the IDE bus) I have the feeling that most
"third-party" utilities like cdrecord may not work for me.

I'd be glad if someone could share their experiences for copying audio
and data CDs using ATAPI CD-Writers with me.

Thanks in advance,
Nils

The night is so much darker than it has any right to be
(Jim Steinman)