Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:44:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Inna Jane Ray <ijrhem@dante.lbl.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: compatible html site search engines

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Inna Jane Ray wrote:

> Hi Freebsd--Could you develop a Freedbsd version of the Webinator search
> engine?
>
> W used the Webinator (out of Princeton) on my
> site--www.homeenergy.org--, but when we moved it to BEST servers, which
> run Freebsd, it is incompatible. Does anyone have a FreeBsd-compatible
> search engine to post in an html website available to non-profits?

	I have no experience with webinator, but htdig is by far the best
search engine I've used. It's available in the freebsd ports collection.
Check the home page for more info if you need it.

Good luck,

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter