Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 1999 11:58:30 +0200
From:      "A. Satow" <mailing@toba.rhein-neckar.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Terminal

Hi,

Sometimes I connect to my FreeBSD Box (3.0 Stable) via Telnet from
Windows NT 4.0. In order to be able to use for example Midnight Commander
I change my TERM variable from TERM=cons25l1 to TERM=vt100.
When I switch back, working directly on a FreeBSD console everything is black
and white (X applications are still in colour).
But what strikes me most is that even when I shutdown FreeBSD and start again
the console is still black and white. Only a second boot would start the
console in colour modus.
Am I missing something?

TERM=cons25l1
Graphic Board: Miro Crystal 20SD PCI with S3 SDAC
Pentium 120 (not state of the art, but FreeBSD does really a great job!!)

OT: BTW can anyone recommend some good Telnet client for WIN NT.
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance!

Bye Alex