Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 14:53:17 -0500 EST
From:      "Tony Magner" <magner@BlueRidge-EF.SAIC.COM>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SLIP Setup...help!

On 15 Jan 96, Tony Magner scribbled:

>Newbie here!
>
>I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to setup a SLIP server using
>2.1.0. I've read thru the handbook and various other Unix resources
>on the net to no avail.  I think I've got it to a point where I may
>be able to connect but I can't access the damn modem to set it to
>auto-answer using tip.  I keep getting a link down error.  If
>anything needs to be posted for further assistance pls advise.
>
>TIA.

I've since been able to get tip to work and I've set the modem, but I
can't exit tip.  Supposed to type ~ right?  Doesn't exit.  What do I
do now?

The modems connect but I don't get a prompt through the terminal
program to login to BSD.  Is this another issue where I've f*&%ed up?

   -- Tony Magner
   -- anthony.s.magner@cpmx.saic.com