Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:48:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Ken Seggerman <suleyman@198.67.15.2>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netatalk hangs

On Jun 27, Joe Clarke wrote:
> What version of netatalk are you using?  I currently maintain this port,
> and use it in production with Macs running OS 8.6 up to 9.1 (I even have
> patches for OS X).  I have not seen the behavior you're describing.  Also,
> can you send your afpd.conf file?  Thanks.

Joe,

Your comment about OS X caught my eye.  We have one new Mac that
was ordered with OS X but we had to revert to OS 9.1 because
file server access was way too slow.  This is when running the
netatalk-1.5p6.freebsd.tgz package from sourceforge.  Are your
patches in the 1.5p6_1 port I just noticed at freebsd.org?

If not, could you send them to me?  My designer really likes
OS X and wants to use it if possible.  Oh, I should mention that
this speed issue appears to be related to the OS9 compatability
layer.  It shows up when running PhotoShop 6 under OS X.

Thanks,
Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com