Date:      Fri, 07 Aug 1998 01:47:25 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        ben@hamsterville.ultranet.com (Ben Goodwin)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 227R Networking problems

This belongs more in questions...

I have a few 2.2.7 boxes with similar network setups and havent seen
anything like this.  I dont know about the particular board you are
using, but I did come across a couple of boards in the past where the
order of the placement of the PCI cards made a difference.  If you
have confirmed that the cable and ports on your switch are OK, try
going down to 100 half duplex and even 10 to see if its a switch
issue.  Some switches (notably my Addtrans) dont do NWAY very well
with the Intel NICs.  Also, does netstat -ni give any input or output
errors ?

Another thing you could try is to connect the machine in question to
another FreeBSD box via cross over cable and see if you get the same
results.

	---Mike