Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 10:51:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Murphy <murphyp1@voyager.ais.msu.edu>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: link bad magic aout

>On Thu, 13 May 1999, Mark Ovens wrote:

> Is /usr/lib/libgcc.a not the default lib, i.e. ELF? I would expect the
> aout version to be in /usr/lib/aout or /usr/lib/compat/aout (I'm at
> work now so I can't check).

The only libgcc.a that I can find on my system is in /usr/lib.  I didn't
specify this library, I think the compiler adds it when it invokes the
linker.  I did look on my system and found a /usr/lib/compat/aout
directory, but it does not contain a libgcc.a.  It does have a bunch of
other lib's in it.