Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 21:42:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jay M. Richmond" <jayrich@room101.sysc.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE Bus Mastering... when in stable?

Hello,

After searching through mailing list archives, it appears that there is
support for DMA bus mastering for IDE controllers in -current.

Are there any plans to move this to -stable at some point?  I would sure
be interested in this kindof support for 2.2.5, as I'm sure others are.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do in the mean time. I
understand that having this support helps performance a great deal.

Thanks,
Jay