Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:15:49 -0500
From:      Paul V. Bolotoff <walter@alasir.com>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Starting FreeBSD from AlphaBIOS

As much as I'm aware of, you cannot. There is a Linux trick with a small DOS
partition sized at about 1Mb which is right enough for a loader (linload.ex=
e +
MILO) to fit. This is a floppy disk typically. Not the most elegant approac=
h, but
it works. However, it's the only way to make use of some Alpha hardware
(AlphaBIOS only, no SRM console at all).

Paul

On Fri Nov 30  9:50 , 'Ruzsinszky Attila' <ruzsinszky.attila@gmail.com> sen=
t: