Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 08:54:20 -0500
From:      "Cambria, Mike" <mcambria@lucent.com>
To:        Brendan Kosowski <brendan@bmk.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: natd/pppd problem

I agree.  I used to do natd/ipfw via pppd (before using a cable modem.)  One
thing I seem to remember (to add to what others pointed out (e.g. -dynamic
etc.) in the mail below) is that the interface (ppp0) must be up and running
*before* natd is started.

Good luck,
MikeC

Michael C. Cambria                        Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                        Bell Labs Innovations
   Voice: (978) 287 - 2807                300 Baker Avenue
     Fax: (978) 287 - 2810                Concord, Massachusetts 01742