Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:45:55 +1200
From:      Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   RELENG_6 power button ignored after halt if ACPI enabled

I've just upgraded 2 machines to 6.2-PRERELEASE #1: Sat Sep 16 18:31:43
NZST 2006:

- Supermicro P3TDER (Serverworks HE-SL Chipset, AMIBOIS)
- Supermicro P3TDDE (VIA Apollo 266 chipset, AWARD)

They both exhibit the same problem:

If ACPI is enabled, shutting down via 'shutdown -h' appears to work
properly (judging by the console output) - however to actually power off
the machine the power button must be held until the power supply detects
that the button has been down for 20s and turns us off.

Poweroff via 'shutdown -p' and reboot via 'shutdown -r' all work ok.

If I boot with ACPI disabled, then after 'shutdown -h', pressing the
power button works in the usual way (i.e powers off after about 1-2
seconds).

Given that the two machines are reasonably different, this looks like it
might be common.

I've left a verbose dmesg here:
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/markir/download/freebsd/dmesg-p3tder-acpi.verbose

and acpi dump here:
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/markir/download/freebsd/root-p3tder.asl

Note that these are for the HE-SL chipset system. I'm going to recompile
the acpi module with ACPI_DEBUG and see what that produces.

cheers

Mark