Date:      Wed, 05 Jun 2002 21:15:49 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        "Dave Foster (Sysadmin)" <dave@canadian.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MII without any PHY on SIS 900

Dave Foster (Sysadmin) wrote:

> Opps, just tried with FreeBSD 4.6 RC 4 Get the Ethernet address this time,
> but still MII without any PHY!

Mike Myers had a patch but I don't know if it is in 4.6-rc or not. I
also don't remember if it was for the SIS-900. You might search the
archives on the SIS 900 and see what you find.

You may also have to contact Bill Paul (wpaul@ctr.columbia.edu) and
get a new chipset recognized. You can see how they are entered by
following the mods to the two if_sis* modules in
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/pci/

Most of the information can be obtained using
pciconf -l

Look for 9001039. If you don't see that, the 0x0900 will probably be
the SIS-900.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart