Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 2004 07:29:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Baulch <matt@greenroom.com.au>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/61838: Realtek -8139C Card Not Supported

>Number:         61838
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Realtek -8139C Card Not Supported
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
      Card didn't initialize correctly (at boot) with previous FreeBSD versions (both 5.x and 4.x) but is now detected and can now be setup with ifconfig. Transfers using the card are terribly slow and unreliable (0.5 kb/s when I'd expect 10mb/s!).
>How-To-Repeat:
      Boot a system with an integrated -8139C ethernet card and try to use it.
>Fix:
      Modify the rl driver to support this (it works with OpenBSD's rl driver)