Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 2003 14:44:04 -0400
From:      Adam McLaurin <blueeskimo@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Extracting the label of a CD

--=-vz7x8j/vKz9Ezdkz5g6d

Is there any elegant way to extract the label of a CD in FreeBSD 5.x ?

I can use dd to get to it, but it's far from elegant. Wondering if there
is some ioctl to do it cleanly; maybe even something in ports.

If anyone is curious, this is how I'm doing it now:
-$ dd if=3D/dev/acd0a bs=3D64k |strings -a |head -n 3 |tail -n 1   =20

I don't think it's safe to assume that it's always on the 3rd line, but
that seems to be the case quite often.

Thanks,
--=20
Adam McLaurin <blueeskimo@gmx.net>