Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:32:22 +0100 (BST)
From:      J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Lucas Bergman <iceberg@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE themes

Really?  What would be another one to check out?  Enlightenment is good,
but resource hungry, and i can't make those icons on the right go away.
Windowmaker:  well, i just don't get the whole dock concept.  Seems too
hard to customize into anything integrated.  I thought KDE had the most
promise, IMHO.  But then again, i am looking for productivity, not pure
efficiency, so maybe that's the best bet.  Any suggestions?
I just like the whole integrated desktop concept, rather than trying to
stitch together a bunch of incompatible cryptic utilities.  I mean, hey,
it ma be bloated, but at least it's still Unix.  My HD is big enough
anyway, since i'm trashing windows  ;-)

OK, this is a questions list, right?  Question: What would be easy to use
in place of KDE?  Easy to learn but powerful when i need it?  Gnome?

jcm