Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 1997 17:25:23 +1100
From:      David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: X error

On Feb 02, 1997 at 10:04:50PM, Brett Taylor wrote:
> I have X up and running and it everything appears to work fine.  However,
> in the console log I am getting the following message over and over again:
>
> Feb  9 21:57:00 peloton init: getty repeating too quickly on port
> /dev/ttyv4, sleeping 30 secs
>
> I assume this is due to a slight misconfigure of the XF86Config file

Not related, at least not directly.

How many vt's does dmesg say your kernel is configured for? What
vt does X say it is running on at startup?

My guess is that you have a getty enabled on ttyv4 (in /etc/ttys)
but you only have 4 vt's enabled (0 - 3). It is going to be
related to that, anyway.

Regards,

David Nugent - Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-9791-9547  Data/BBS +61-3-9792-3507  3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@freebsd.org davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn/