Date:      Fri, 20 May 2005 19:28:41 -0300
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Tulio_Guimar=E3es_da_Silva?= <tuliogs@pgt.mpt.gov.br>
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Issues with AIT-3, anyone?

--------------060209000701080009000206

Hello all,

   I=B4m having some trouble with a Sony SDX-700V AIT-3 tape unit. I=20
described some of the trouble in -hardware, but I guess most of them are=20
-performance issues.
  I was going to x-post the message to this list, but before that I=B4ll=20
rather ask if anyone is having any trouble with these units in=20
5.3-RELEASE. Also, does this version support AIT-3? I already searched=20
the archives, but found nothing that could be of use (i=B4ll admit, maybe=
=20
I missed something :P ).
  If there=B4s no know issues, then I=B4ll feel more prone to post that=20
message in here, since it=B4s a bit long. But just to advance something:=20
I=B4ve found that running "rsh [remote] tar -cvf - dir/ >/dev/sa0" is=20
noticeably faster than "[remote]# tar -cvf mymachine:/dev/sa0 dir".=20
Also, could there be anything wrong with "cat file.tar.gz >/dev/sa0"?
  These may seem dumb questions, but we used these flawlessly for some=20
time with DDS-* tapes, but are not working with AIT...
  Ok, thanks in advance for any help. Cheers,

Tulio

--------------060209000701080009000206--