Date:      23 Jan 2002 19:22:09 +0100
From:      Lars Erik Gullerud <lerik@kq.no>
To:        Brian McGovern <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
Cc:        qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.5-RC2 kernel, m_clalloc failed

Well, I got another reply (off-list) that the default socketbuffer sizes
have increased a lot from 4.4 to 4.5 so that more clusters are used up
pr. connection. Yes, the old 4.4 install had 8192 nmbclusters and worked
fine. The 4.5 auto-tuned to 8640, and that obviously turns out not to be
enough.

So, as you correctly say, it is simply a case of mis-tuning by me -
since I did not know the amount of mbufs being consumed was apparently
higher. With a manually configured kernel (maxusers=256 and
nmbclusters=65536 - just to be on the safe side) everything is working
fine. Sorry for taking up anyone's time with this.

Rgds,
Lars Erik