Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:39:10 +0000
From:      "Alphons \"Fonz\" van Werven" <a.j.werven@student.utwente.nl>
To:        ivan dimitrov <dimitrovi58@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: error messages

ivan dimitrov wrote:

>  ACPI-0501: *** Error: Handler for [EmbeddedControl] returned AE_NO_HARDWARE_RESPONSE
[snip]
> my question is - what they means and how to stop them ?

I'm no expert on laptops, but it seems to me that you have either
misconfigured ACPI or a laptop that doesn't support ACPI in the first
place.

My suggestion is that you turn off ACPI, at least until somebody who knows
more about laptops than I do comes along to point out exactly what's
wrong. In the meantime, perhaps APM will work properly. So you might want
to give that a try.

Hth,

Fonz

--
VISTA - Viruses Intruders Spyware Trojans Adware