Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 22:51:06 -0700
From:      Roy Bettle <rbettle@criterion-group.com>
To:        "Questions List FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Resolving NT machine names with NAT

Good evening.  We have a Cox Communications cable modem.  They use the
@Home Network.  We would like to setup NAT so that both our machines can
go out.  We have tried to use Linux RedHat 6.0 but have not been able to
get IPMasq to resolve the Windows NT Server host names (we use a static
IP address, but the @Home Network apparently manages itself with Windows
NT Server and NT DHCP).  This is apparently a known problem with
IPMasq.  Does this problem exists with NAT as well?  If so, can we get
around it?  If so, how (URL to help us out perhaps?)?

Thank you for your help!

RAB

Roy Bettle
President, Criterion Group