Date:      Thu, 09 Sep 1999 22:20:46 +0800
From:      Billy Ma <sbirdy@netvigator.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NATD performance

Dear all,

We are using Freebsd 3.0  to run NATD to solve the insufficient IP.
Client is win95/98, However, after run NATD, the Network seem so
slow, and we have to wait for sometime 15-20 sec. , then we will
see the icons on the network(windows).

Before, we use Freebsd 2.2.5, runing the same things, the major
different
is we using 128 IP only, just 2/3 Sec. we will see the icons appear on
the
network(windows),  Now we using the whole class C IP 256.

Is it the major problem make it slow down ?
We have around 100 users, may be more later,
Do you know any parameter I can amend in the kernel to improve the
NATD performance ?

THANKS !!

Best Regards,
Billy