Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2014 10:14:41 +0100
From:      Johan Bucht <jbucht@gmail.com>
To:        by <free7by@yahoo.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, Erich Dollansky <erich@alogt.com>
Subject:   Re: Something related to C and C++

Working in higher level languages like Java, Ruby, Python and C++ does have
some advantages to C and some disadvantages. There are always trade offs
and there will always be languages closer to the domain that will be more
elegant to solve specific problems.
If you're mainly doing programming close to the hardware the abstractions
from those higher level languages doesn't add much value and the runtime
with garbage collection and more is something you probably need to be able
to turn off.
It's of course possible to implement a lot of the features in higher level
languages in lower level ones, but the syntax will not be that suitable for
it and you need to impose restrictions on yourself instead of the language
doing it for you.
For some tasks C is too high level and Assembler is needed but for most of
the tasks any language will do and it's a matter of personal taste.

/Johan