Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:09:02 -0700
From:      "Chris McCluskey" <questions@digitaldeck.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Outside-Outside port forwarding?

Hello,

I am currently running a FreeBSD host based router using ipfw. The
host contains two external ethernet interfaces, and a single internal
interface running NATd.

One of the external interfaces is sourced by a DSL connection and the
other is sourced by a T1. The plan was to move servers from the DSL
subnet to the T1 subnet. To insure that there was as little service
interruption as possible, I planned on having the FreeBSD router
forward all requests from the server's old ip_addr:port (on the DSL
interface) to the servers now on the T1's ethernet interface.

In some sense I was just hoping to do a simple port-forward from an
address on one external interface to another. Almost like turning NATd
upside down.

I haven't found much in the usual sources... Any pointers?

Thanks.