Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:26:11 -0700
From:      Daniel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jes=FAs?= Valencia =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=E1nchez?= <valencia@cicese.mx>
To:        freebsd-java <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: A Call to Action for freebsd-java...

i think this is a good moment to ask...

Isn't FreeBSD POSIX compliant? or it is just that Java isn't written in
a very portable way? what issues can come on when changing from linux to
freebie? from my experience, making a program to build and run without
issues in both environments is just to write ANSI C/C++ and POSIX.

I'm not very good in Java, but I'm fairly nice in C++ programming (but I
have no problems working with C).  I also have a problem on working with
debuggers, but I'm not as old as for not to learn.  If in any way I can
throw my two cents on the table, and it is helpful, please feel free to ask.

-  have fun

Daniel Valencia