Date:      Thu, 7 Oct 1999 11:14:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      patl@phoenix.volant.org
To:        Jack Winslade <jsw@iwww.sitel.net>
Cc:        Matthew Joseff <mjoseff@retribution.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wierd Directory listing

On  7-Oct-99 at 10:42, Jack Winslade (jsw@iwww.sitel.net) wrote:
> The trick I use to remove unremovable files is to specify a pattern that
> matches only the bad one.  I would first try:
>
> rm *7*

Just a note for the paranoid: When I need to do something like
this, I use the sequence:

	ls *7*
	<Make sure it only listed the file(s) I want deleted>
	rm *7*

And, while we are on the topic of deleting inconviently named
files; the easiest way to delete a file that starts with a dash
is to put './' in front.  E.g.,

	rm ./-r

-Pat