Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 2019 23:30:15 +0000
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        "freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Heads up: Large patch that adds NFSv4.2 has been committed to head/current

Hi,=0A=
=0A=
r355677 is a large patch that adds NFSv4.2 support to the NFS client/server=
.=0A=
It has survived a "make universe" for all arches that would build (some mip=
s=0A=
and sparc64 failed for reasons unrelated to this patch).=0A=
However, I have not been able to do a build with a recent GCC.=0A=
If there are build problems, please let me know.=0A=
=0A=
Although there are a lot of code changes, they should not affect the other=
=0A=
versions of NFS. The patch does add two new sysctls that can be used to=0A=
limit the minor versions of NFSv4 supported by the nfsd and, as such, NFSv4=
.2=0A=
can be disabled without reverting this patch.=0A=
=0A=
It does change the internal interface between the NFS modules, so they must=
=0A=
all be upgraded simultaneously. Although arguably not necessary, I will do =
a=0A=
version bump for this.=0A=
=0A=
Hopefully this big patch does not cause you grief, rick=0A=