Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 16:31:36 -0500
From:      "Glen Rushing" <glen@dfsi.net>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@Freebsd.org>
Subject:   Another newbies list  Inquiry

    What is the consensus here on the best way to acquire FreeBsd?
Download it off the FTP site or order the CDROM distribution?   If
downloading is the best answer, is there a LIST of which files are needed to
download?  I looked at the FTP site and wasn't sure WHICH files I needed to
download.  I'll be installing initially over a WIN 98 machine, then later
over my WINNT machines if all works out well enough.
    Don't TAR & FEATHER me now but I am currently a WINNT user as an ISP and
am looking into FreeBsd since it appears to require much less RAM/RESOURCES
etc.
    Direct comments about the pros and cons would be appreciated,  but
please be serious so I can confirm what I have already been reading about
FreeBSD.

Thanks to all in advance!
Glen Rushing
DFSI, Inc.