Date:      Fri, 06 Mar 1998 08:49:06 -0800
From:      Webmaster <webmaster@webfreaks.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Webserver benchmarks? Ultra 2 vs. FreeBSD

Hello all,

I am running a Sun Ultra2 with Netscape Enterprise server 3.5.1, also have
P166 running 2.2.5-R and Apache 1.2.4.  Both are on 100/Ethernet.

Is there a good reason why the P166 would bench at about 60 requests/second
and the Ultra2 only about 15 requests/second?  These tests were run using 3
NT workstations as "web" clients.

My employer insists that this is wrong.  I used Web Bench 1.1 from ZDNet.

Thank you,

Mark C.