Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 1996 12:41:29 +0200
From:      "Alain Thivillon" <Alain.Thivillon@alma.fr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ahc support in 2.1.5 ?

I'm trying to upgrade from 2.1.0 to 2.1.5-RELEASE.
My actual configuration is :
- HP Netserver LC 5/100 with Adaptec 294x on EISA Bus (Dual Channel)
- 2.1.0 Release Installation from NFS with the standard boot.flp
floppy

I have downloaded the whole 2.1.5 RELEASE from a mirror in France,
rebuild my boot floppy and now, the ahc1 controller is not probed !
Booting whicth -c, i have not seen the ahc driver that was in 2.1.0
Boot Floppy (using ls or visual/storage)

So my questions are :

- is it normal ? :-((
- how can i make a 2.1.5 kernel for boot with ahc support from 2.1.0
?
- can i install 2.1.5 with the 2.1.0 boot floppy ?
- the HARDWARE.TXT file says that ahc support is included in Generic
Kernel, so what's wrong : me, HARDWARE.TXT or the kernel ?

Yours sincerly,

--
Alain Thivillon -+- Alain.Thivillon@alma.fr -+- Alma, Grenoble