Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 06:28:29 +0000
From:      walt <wsheets@sbcglobal.net>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   *Serious* problem with ports system today on -CURRENT [May 23]

I just posted two items about imake-4 which turned out to be
false accusations.

Doing a portupgrade of imake-4 filled up a gigabyte of disk
before running out of space, so I assumed it was an imake-4
problem, but it's worse than that.

The same thing now happens with all ports because the config
process goes into an infinite loop and continues to fill up
disk space with each iteration.

I'm not sure what changed overnight, but I think (maybe) I
saw either autoconf or automake get upgraded just before
this problem started--sorry I can't be certain.