Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 16:34:25 -0500
From:      Jeff <jlr@soltec.net>
To:        fbsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Supported SCSI cards

I would like to know if anyone has successfully used either an Emerald
Systems ISA SCSI controller, NCR 53C94 chip, or a Tekram PCI SCSI,
DC390.  On the latter, the box states it is supported by FreeBSD &
Linux, but I see no reference to Unix, other than SCO Unix, in the
manual.  I have the Emerald card, but I need drivers for it.  But, why
bother if it's not able to work with FBSD.

Here is system/software info:
FreeBSD 2.2.6, dual boot, with Win 95
Pentium P200MMX
64MB RAM
S3Trio 32/64 video card

My SCSI devices are an HP 4P Scanjet, and an NEC external 3x CDROM.

Thanks very much in advance for all the help.

Jeff Rogers
jlr@soltec.net            www.soltec.net/~jlr
St. Joseph, IL