Date:      Thu, 16 May 2002 20:29:54 -0400
From:      "James B. Wilkinson" <jimmy@CS.cofc.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hardwired PPP

I'm interested in setting up a hardwired PPP link between two
machines in an instructional lab (they shouldn't get the idea that
Ethernet is everything that there is). I've spent some time searching
the archives and the docs and didn't find anything.

There are two questions I have in particular:

- exactly how do I need to wire a 9-pin modem cable for this purpose?

- how do I set up the static routes so that things get from one end
to the other?

Thanks

Jimmy Wilkinson            | Perfesser of Computer Science
jimmy@cs.CofC.edu          | The College of Charleston
(843) 953-8160             | Charleston      SC        29424

If there is one word to describe me,
that word would have to be "profectionist".
Any form of incompitence is an athema to me.
Metathesis??? Don't ax me.