Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:57:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      jaime@snowmoon.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel panics, lots of them

	I have a box that has been having problems for months.
Originally, there were problems that were corrected by replacing the
mother board.  Since then, and I'm not sure when this began, there have
been kernel panics after several days of uptime.  They can be after one
day or three weeks, but they keep happening.

	So far, I've replaced an IDE cable and a boot time error
disappeared, replaced RAM with no benefits, and cvsup'ed/make-world'ed
with no benefits.

	I'm not sure what is causing the problems.  Any suggestions of
what I should do next?  I still have 14 kernel panic dumps if anyone can
think of tests that I should be running.  Most of the panics appear to be
page faults, but two of them were lockmgr issues.  I'm considering
replacing the mother board and/or the whole computer.  Unfortunately, this
is a fairly major server at my school (staff email, assorted web-based
apps, web site, intranet, etc.) so I am trying to keep outage frequency
and duration to a minimum.

	Any help is appreciated.

							TIA,
							Jaime