Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:01:52 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        FreeBSD Stable List <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Maxtor Firewire Drives

Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com> probably said:
> At the rate ATA drives are going up in size and down in price, tape seems
> to be less and less of a cost-effective solution, both for drives and
> media.

If you only want one or two copies of things and be pretty careful
about moving those copies to an offsite location.

Personally I like having a long run of archived backups (I have
backups going back about 4 years at this point), doing that with disk
is not really cost effective.

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@pir.net                 pir-sig@net.tufts.edu