Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:06:25 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Symbolic Links in /dev of a jail

--nextPart2189337.27cqqvPgH0

	In my quest to get asterisk+iaxmodem+hylafax working together in a=20
jail I've run into one final roadblock.  I can't seem to figure out=20
how to create a symbolic link (ln -s doesn't work) in /dev in the=20
jail environment while in the jailed environment.   When trying to=20
create a link with ln I receive:
ln -s somedev targetdev
ln: targetdev: Operation not permitted
	Adding a link entry to devfs.conf in the jail fails too since it=20
receives the same error.  I can create a link in the jailed /dev from=20
the host environment, so there seems to be some restriction on=20
creating links in /dev while in the jail.  The reason I need to be=20
able to do this is that iaxmodem needs to create a /dev/ttyIAX device=20
to point to the correct ttyp0 device when it starts in the jail.

	Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry