Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 01:24:05 -0500
From:      karl mueller <ewiley@kamuelle.campus.vt.edu>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bt848 Driver and ADS `channel surfer TV'

Hi,
I have an ADStech ``Channel Surfer TV'' Bt848-based tv-tuner card... now, when
it is probed, it comes up as:

bktr0 <BrookTree 848> rev 18 int a irq 11 on pci0:11:0
Miro TV, Temic NTSC tuner.

so I'm assuming they just ripped off the miroMedia PCTV. Now, i've gotten fxtv
to compile (wierd versions of tifflib screw things up, but that's another
story) and it runs. However, it will not change channels. When I go into Win95
and use the buggy vendor software, it works, and stays tuned to the same
station when i go into BSD, which i can't change.

I'm just wondering if there are any work-arounds for this (becuause once I get
this working, I really will never have to go back into windows again :)

Thanks a lot!

-Karl Mueller