Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2000 15:44:03 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Animepix <animepix@netzero.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: packages.

[This belonged in freebsd-questions.  Also, don't send HTML mail, it
sucks.]

On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 08:08:18AM -0600, Animepix wrote:

>    hey im trying to download the packages in the 3.4-release dir, and for
>    some reason my ftp program thinks that the files are directory's, do
>    you have any idea why?, i mean this really sux :)
>
>    hmm you think i should get a diffrent ftp proggie? :) i currentley use
>    CUTEFTP

They are probably symbolic links.  Many defective FTP clients think
links are directories.  They should download properly if you try.
WS_FTP would probably work better, but you have to register it of it
dies after a few weeks.

-- Brooks