Date:      Fri, 09 Oct 2015 00:32:52 -0400
From:      Quartz <quartz@sneakertech.com>
To:        FreeBSD FS <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   A couple ZFS questions

Inside a thread on -questions, it was asked if was a bad idea to have a
ZFS array that spanned different controllers (ie; motherboard sata +
pci-e sata). I answered that AFAIK it was ok as long as the speed of the
onboard ports+drives and card+drives aren't drastically different and
that the drives are the same. But it occurred to me that maybe that's
not true [anymore]. Can anyone with more hardware knowledge chime in?

Also: What's the best practice advice these days for how resilvering
should be set, assuming that "rebuilding the array before another drive
dies" is the only goal? Should the resilver be maxed out so it completes
as fast as possible before another drive dies, should it be set as low
as possible to minimize load on the other drives to reduce the chances
of one dying, or does it matter?