Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:00:47 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.sochi.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Root Shells

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 09:12:44PM -0700, Robert Shea wrote:

> Over the last few months I have become quite used to zsh, and have set the
> root account on one of my boxes to use it. However when a friend of mine saw
> this he seemed to think it a very bad thing, noting that zsh is not in the
> root partition etc. My question is, is this really a problem? can't I just
> run sh if the need arises?
This is bad. This is bad just because you work as root always. If you don't do
this, then why do you need zsh for root. Also, it is good idea to use static
linked shell for root. Also, if some error will be found in sh/csh it will be
fixed "automagically" after next cvsup (or next next cvsup). But for zsh you
need reinstall it from ports.

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia