Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:16:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Jayson Alvarez <jay2xra@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need urgent help regarding security

Good Day!

I think we have a serious problem. One of our old
server running FreeBSD 4.9 have been compromised and
is now connected to an ircd server..
195.204.1.132.6667     ESTABLISHED

However, we still haven't brought the server down in
an attempt to track the intruder down. Right now we
are clueless as to what we need to do..
Most of our servers are running legacy operating
systems(old versions mostly freebsd) Also, that
particular server is running - ProFTPD Version 1.2.4
which someone have suggested to have a known
vulnerability..

I really need all the help I can get as the
administration of those servers where just transferred
to us by former admins. The server is used for ftp.

Thanks..

http://mail.yahoo.com