Date:      Sun, 18 Oct 1998 08:14:20 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        c5666305@b1.hkstar.com (Chan Yiu Wah)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: does 3.0-RELEASE support pcmcia as PAO

> I would like to know if 3.0-RELEASE does support pcmcia for laptop as the
> PAO ?  Thanks.

Well the install floppy don't really cater for it and there is certain
cards that work with the PAO 2.2.7 boot floppy, but don't work with 3.0.
I cheated by using the PAO boot floppy and then in the options set it
to install 3.0 for me. It won't be able to do everything properly though.
For example it doesn't know about the new X, but it did give me a basic
install and I can now try to figure out why 3.0 don't work with my
ACCTON 2212 ethernet card. It is supposed to be a NE2000 compatable, but
it looks like our pccardd gets confused by something and I get the dreaded
"Resource allocation failure for ...".

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za