Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 11:21:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FTP Problems

If this is the wrong place to ask, I'm sure you'll tell me  ;)

We have an office network of 5 computers using a FreeBSD 2.2.1 box as a
gateway/router.  All the computers on the network use 192.168.1.x IPs
and ppp does the aliasing.  It works wonderfully except when we try to FTP to
a Windoze NT server from any of the computers (Unix, Mac, Windoze95).  FTP to
unix or any other system works fine; just not NT.

When we do try an FTP it just hangs (see session below).  It doesn't matter if
I put or get (Binary or text) or even ls (from any computer).  As standalones,
dialing out on their own, it works fine.  My FreeBSD 2.2.1 box at home, using
the same dialup account, works as well.

# ftp 204.97.222.227
Connected to 204.97.222.227.
220 abt6 Microsoft FTP Service (Version 3.0).
331 Password required for numbersusa.
230 User numbersusa logged in.
Remote system type is Windows_NT.
ftp> bin
200 Type set to I.
ftp> get fax.html
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for fax.html(2563 bytes).
^C
receive aborted
waiting for remote to finish abort
425 Can't open data connection.

225 ABOR command successful.
ftp> quit
221

The other end can't track the problem down, so I thought I would look at
it here.

Patrick
E-Mail: Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
Date: 21-Jul-97