Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2003 14:21:34 -0300
From:      Fred Souza <fred@storming.org>
To:        Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bad performance

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

> I have the same southbridge and a very fast system. That can't be the pro=
blem=20
> - and it really does sound like a network problem. It looks like it's loo=
king=20
> for a host that it can't find. Possibly your own hostname.

  I've seen a problem somewhat like that one if portmap/rpcbind is not
  running. Some software (most browsers, for example) hang at startup if
  it's not running or if they can't connect to it (firewall?).

  Fred

--=20
"It's really quite a simple choice: Life, Death, or Los Angeles."

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr--