Date:      26 Jun 2000 16:42:09 -0700
From:      Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Annoying reverse hylighting in `more' 4.0-STsnap0624

Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org> writes:

> If Alexey wants underlining to appear as yellow on black as he says
> then in /usr/share/misc/termcap change the line
>
>      :tc=cons25w:
>
> in the definition of
>
>    cons25|ansis|ansi80x25:\

> 	:us=\E[40;34;1m:ue=\E[m:tc=cons25w:
> 	       ^^ ^^
>                || fg colour
>                bg colour
>
> then, as root, run ``cd /usr/share/misc ; cap_mkdb termcap'' and then
> try ``man chmod'' on the console.
>
> For a visual "list" of colour combinations, run this script (the
> numbers along the top of the display are the bg colours and the ones
> at the left are the fg colours):

Good info here, I'm still bogged down trying to get a network up on a
laptop with FreeBSD so getting tired of the obnoxious highlighting
since I'm pooring thru manpages constantly right now.   Not that
familiar with FreeBSD and its just enough different from Linux that
most tools don't act quite the same.

Doug Writes:

> So the issue boils down to whether you want to see italic as
> highlighting.  If not, I'm sure there's a way to prevent it.  I'm using
> TERM=vt102, and I don't see any highlighting at all.

Thanks Doug, thats a quick fix for now... Mark has posted a full blown
way to fix it permanently.