Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:30:46 +0500 ( AMT )
From:      ran@ran.am
To:        jonathan.ruxton@satin.net (Jonathan Ruxton)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot -s

> Hello - I was wondering if there is an easy way to disable the -s
> (single user mode) option at boot time for security reasons, to prevent
> someone from changing the root password as specified in section 8.20 (
> Eek! I forgot the root password) of the FAQ?

Hi,
Find console entry in /etc/ttys. You can change it from secure to
insecure and when you will try to enter single-user, init will ask you
to enter root's password.
But much more important - never permit another come in servers room,
because it isn't only way to change root's password and so on ...

Ran d'Adi					ran@ran.am
						ran@styx.aic.net