Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:42:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccardd in DP2

In message: <200211230121.BAA28326@sorley.cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
            Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk> writes:
: I now have DP2 running on my Vaio Z600 laptop, and I'm trying to get my
: wireless ethernet running.
:
: The cardbus is detected:
:
:   kernel: cbb0: <RF5C475 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 12.0 on pci0
:   kernel: cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
:   kernel: pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
:
: But when it tries to run pccardc it reports:
:
:   pccardc: /dev/card0: No such file or directory
:
: (and there is indeed no /dev/card0).  pccardd exits with:
:
:   fatal error: no PC-CARD slots

That's because pccardc and pccardd aren't supported in NEWCARD.

: However, if I insert the wireless card and run
:
:   /etc/pccard_ether wi0 start
:
: by hand, everything works.

consider devd.  It is somewhat incomplete in DP2, but complete enough
for this.

Warner