Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 14:13:55 -0500
From:      "Ben Yiu" <byiu@shaw.wave.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Identd and NAT Install

Hi, I am having problems with identd over a nat configuration.  My system
consists of a FreeBSD box with pidentd and nat installed.  This box is
obviously connected to the Internet and there are also windows machines
which are internal.  The identd works fine on the bsd box, however when I
try to IRC on one of the windows machines I get the lovely "please install
identd" message from the IRC server.  I have the settings in MIRC in windows
correctly set.

My thoughts are that I require an identd that will work correctly under NAT
or that I have a configuration problem with pidentd.  Can someone help.  And
please don't tell me to use a server that does not require identd :) Thanks

Ben Wentworth