Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:55:16 +0100
From:      Huw Wynn-Jones <huwwynnjones@neuf.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Kevin Smith <smithcam@adelphia.net>
Subject:   Re: Internet Streaming

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 17:05, Kevin Smith wrote:
> I tried building the port for Amarok on 5.3-Release and when I run
> it all I get is the startup logo and no UI.  This happens on either
> KDE or Gnome desktops.  Do you have this running on 5.3 ?
>
> -K

Have you got the little blue speaker system tray icon next to the
clock in the kicker in KDE?

If so then click on that and it will bring up the UI.

If you haven't got it then I'm sorry I'm a bit lost. I know that if
you run amarok under other window managers it can be difficult to get
going because often this tray icon is the only thing started up and
some don't show this icon.

Run it in Kde and check for the speaker icon I reckon it'll be there,
it looks a lot like a volume control so maybe you have just not
noticed it. I'm running 5.3 and amarok runs fine.

Cheers

Huw