Date:      Sat, 04 Apr 2009 10:26:12 +0200
From:      Frederique Rijsdijk <frederique@isafeelin.org>
To:        Seur Bors <seurbors@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as a Business Server

Seur Bors wrote:

> As well, if anyone has any web-links to recommended reading, I would greatly
> appreciate them.

Samba3 performs excellend nowadays. You should have no trouble at all
serving 20 workers. In my setup (7.1-release/amd64/dual x2 3800 amd
cpu/gigabit) smb generates only 3-5% cpu load when reading at 50MB/sec.

I would also recommend running swat (zee /etc/inetd.conf), it can really
help creating a nice and tailored smb.conf file for you via a webinterface.

I believe that samba3 can even give you Active Directory features and
Roaming Profiles, but I haven't looked into that. Samba as fileserver is
enough for me.

-- Frederique